Monday, June 7, 2010

eXCLUSIVE - eL Stinkeyes - "Caimán en Celo Mix" (2010)




Technically the air in central Texas should be classified as a solid rather than a gas these days. Hot. Thick. Swampy. Its what our Louisiana neighbors call "Alligator Hot" or something you'd experience in Latin American jungles. That's why I'm not doing shit. My adaptations to my environment are achieving vampirical status. The sun is my mortal enemy and I long for dusk just to remerge from my hermitage and revel in the power of the night, and usually my PM activities are festive in nature and any night can be treated as a "Michelob Weekend." Ergo, this mix. Its got a little afro-beat, a little cuban funk, cumbias, my obligatory chicha tangent and some weirdness as usual. I was gonna call this mix "Browntown"(which is what I refer to any non-western music, specifically Latin America and Africa where music and dance is just like food and drink: essential.) but chose "Alligators in Heat." Sweaty good times.


Tracklist:

1.) Algo Nuevo/Juan Pablo Torres - Y Viva La Felicidad
2.) Mulatu Astatke - I Faram Gami I Faram
3.) Eric Showboy Akaeze & His Royal Ericos - We Dey Find Money
4.) Jovens Do Prendo - Coio
5.) Madman Jaga - Hankuri
6.) Mulatu Astatke - Asiyo Bellema
7.) Gonjasufi - Sheep
8.) Sobanza Mimanisa - Kiwembo
9.) Los Zafiros - Rumba Como Quiera
10.) Los Wawanco - La Burrita
11.) Armando Hernandez Y Su Conjunto - La Zeniada
12.) The Tropical Combo - Quinceanera
13.) Aniceto y Sus Fabulosos - Cumbia de Machaguey
14.) Eusebio y Su Banjo - Mi Morena Rebelde
15.) Popi y Su Piranas - Guayaba
16.) Los Sanders - Linda Mujeres
17.) Los Pakines - Estacion 76
18.) Los Walkers - La Pampa y La Puna
19.) Los Mirlos - La Danza del Petrolero
20.) Kampala Group - La Yuca Raya
21.) Nicanor Lobaton con El Conjunto Gente Morena - El Payande


DOWNLOAD

No comments: