Thursday, November 25, 2010

eXCLUSIVE - eL Stinkeyes - "Poder de Chicha 2 Mix" (2010)



Its that time of year folks. We're all gorging ourselves for the winter. Maximizing our fat reserves for the coming months. Would you like more starch with your starch? Seconds? Thirds? Elevensies? Save room for dessert mijo. And the gravy flows like a thick brown iridescent Angel Falls. What better way to say goodbye to the golden warmth of the sun than with one more mixtape of those tropical Chicha jams. I've logged many hours these past few months, searching the dregs, combing the fine mesh of the internet to bring us a new stable of tracks to play into the dirt. I've surprised myself with this years harvest. New names. New faces. New tones. "New." Some of these remind me of the time I traveled in Peru back in 2001. Especially when I was on the northern coast. I definitely remember riding a bus around Huanchaco with the conductor blasting a tiny boombox to the point where it was breaking up and distorting but it still sounded awesome. I had no idea at the time that that was this that I'm collecting these days. I just thought it was some weird sounding cumbias. Having said that, I'll shut up.


Tracklist:


1.) Los Ecos - Aqui en la fiesta (I don't want to spoil the party)
2.) Los Walkers - Siboney
3.) Los Orientales - Tormentosa
4.) Los Destellos - Cumbia de Desierto
5.) Popi y sus Pirasas - Guayaba
6.) Aniceto y sus Fabuloso - Cumbia de Machaguay
7.) Los Mirlos - Tiro al Blanco
8.) Eusebio y sus Banjo - Banjo Pannadero
9.) Jose y sus Antillanos - Melodia Antillano
10.) Los Pakines - Estacion 76
11.) Los Mirlos - Makumba
12.) Grupo Flash - Infierno Verde
13.) Los Orientales de Paramonga - Machete ala Casa
14.) Los Mirlos - Cumbia Thriller
15.) Los Tigres de Tarapoto - El Tunchi Loco
16. Grupo Maravilla - Danza, Bruja, Danza



No comments: